October 18, 2010

Theme Writing Article Featuring: An Eyeball In My Garden


I was discussing the poetry collection I’m involved with, An Eyeball in My Garden: And Other Spine-Tingling Poems, with some other writers, and Debra Eckerling from Write On! suggested I write an article about making a holiday book. I wrote an article about Theme Writing since An Eyeball in My Garden is basically a Halloween themed book. You can see the end result here.




In this article, I talk about the process of putting the project together and ways to stay on topic while still being completely original.
This is the first time I ever tried to write an article on the writing process. I guess after having four children's books and some poetry published, people assume that I must actually know something worthwhile about the writing process. Upon careful consideration, I've come to the conclusion that maybe they're right. ;-)
If you get a chance, go check it out and leave a comment (and be kind). :-)

No comments: